Australian actor Hugh Jackman was "heartbroken" that the film had been leaked on the Internet. Jackman, who not only stars in the movie but also produced it via his company Seed Productions, said he was upset for everyone involved in the movie that an unfinished version was posted online last week, almost a month before its launch."It's a serious crime, and there's no doubt it's very disappointing -- I was heartbroken by it," Jackman told a news conference widely reported by the Australian media.
"Obviously people are seeing an unfinished film. It's like a Ferrari without a paint job."
"The FBI are onto it, and they're taking it very, very seriously," said the 40-year-old actor, who was voted the "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine last year.
This is the first time a film with massive box office potential has been leaked a full month before its release. Typically, pirated copies become available a day or two after the movie plays in theaters. The last time a leak of this magnitude happened was in 2003 for the comic-book film Hulk, which had an unfinished copy on the Internet two weeks before its release.
I condemn this act. Such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors as well as hurt the fans of the film. I hope the proper authorities would find the source of the initial leak as soon as possible and prosecute the shameless man to the fullest extent of the law.
"X-Men Origins: Wolverine” will bow to theaters across the Philippines and Australia on APRIL 30 (THURSDAY) and May 1 on US.